Things to Do in Rock Hall, MD
Outdoor activities, dining, and local arts are at your fingertips at the Inn at Huntingfield Creek. The welcoming, small-town feel of Rock Hall, Maryland, makes exploring our local attractions so personal and inviting. With such a genuine love for nature and warm hospitality, you’ll feel more at peace than ever while discovering all that the quaint town of Rock Hall has to offer. Find everything you need for a perfect visit in our Vacation Guide, which contains all the local secrets to the Chesapeake Bay area.
Activities at the Inn
You’ll find activities around every corner throughout our gorgeous 70-acre estate. The pristine land holds so many opportunities for outdoor amusement and is filled with special touches for you to enjoy. The outdoor lifestyle of the Chesapeake Bay area inspires us to provide some of the best things to do right here on our property!
- Amazing onsite birding with the potential to view some of the seventy species spotted on our grounds
- Biking trails to traverse using our two complimentary bikes
- Kayaking from the onsite dock with complimentary kayaks
- A heated salt-water pool
- A cozy library filled with an extensive collection of books and music
- The childhood fun of gliding on a rope swing
- The ability to pick fresh fruit right off the plants
Outdoor Excursions on the Eastern Shore
The glassy waters and scenic landscape of the Chesapeake Bay area provide endless excursions in nature. Take some time to embrace the great outdoors for a much-needed breath of fresh air. Challenge yourself by learning to hunt and fish like a local, or simply relax by gliding through the salty waves on a charter boat. We have an abundance of outdoor activities and things to do in Rock Hall that are sure to bring out your adventurous side!
- Sailing across the Chesapeake Bay with Blue Crab Charters
- Fishing charters with the best team around, Gunsmoke Charters
- Kayaking through the bay and the Sassafras and Chester Rivers with Chester River Kayak Adventures
- Scenic bike trails that weave throughout the Rock Hall area
- Horseback riding at the Kent Equestrian Center or Humphreys Point Farm
- Hunting for local Waterfowl
- Panoramic hiking at the Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge
Where to Dine
Uncover the flavors of the Eastern Shore through local cuisine. You’ll find options like quick bites for fuel on-the-go, fresh seafood to enjoy like a native, and upscale dinners for a special treat! Don’t forget about our daily, complimentary breakfast prepared by the inn-owners themselves. No matter what you’re in the mood for, there’s a variety of selections in the area that suit all your food cravings.
A Few of Our Favorites...
- Inn at Huntingfield Creek Breakfast
- Java Rock: A gourmet coffeehouse serving breakfast, lunch, and boutique wines
- Bay Wolf: Rustic tavern serving regional and Austrian specialties.
- Inn at Osprey Point: Upscale, waterfront dinners
- Waterman’s Crab House and Dock Bar: Local seafood with a view of the Chesapeake Bay
- Harbor Shack: Bar-grill style restaurant on the Rock Hall Harbor
- Wheelhouse Restaurant: A casual restaurant offering regional specialties.
Art and History
Enjoy some of the finer things in life during your tranquil visit. The activities in Rock Hall, Maryland, really allow you to connect with and learn more about our lovely community. You’ll fall in love with the hospitable atmosphere of the locals who create amazing pieces of art and preserve our town’s history.