General Information and Policies
As a small enterprise, rather than a large hotel, we must adhere to some concrete practices to stay healthy.
Please read our reservation policies carefully as there are no exceptions.
- By law, there is no smoking or candles permitted in any of our buildings. Discreet smoking is permitted outside.
- Check-in is between 2 PM and 6 PM. Contact us at (410) 639-7779 to arrange earlier or later times. We will try to accommodate your arrival time in person or tell you where and how to access your room/cottage.
- Our full country breakfast is served at 8:30 AM each day in the Main House.
- We are conscientious about our fragile Chesapeake eco-system. We are as ‘green’ as is practical and hope you’ll appreciate our efforts.
- Rates quoted are based on double occupancy. The combined sales/lodging tax is 11%. Please add $30. per night for each additional person in a room or cottage.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover cards and cash. All refunds are subject to a $35 fee.
- Reservations that include Saturday night require a two night stay in season (April 15 – October 31). One night stays out of season will be considered based on availability.
- One night stays in season are assessed an additional $25 housekeeping charge.
- Children are welcome in all of our cottages and at breakfast, but can’t be accommodated in the Inn.
- Well-behaved dogs can stay in our pet-friendly Garden, Island and Farm Cottages with the understanding that the pet owners are fully responsible for their behavior or damage. A $25 pet fee applies per pet / per night.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is included in each accommodation and throughout the property.
- Direct TV is available in our cottages. A communal TV is available in the Inn to ensure quietude in the rooms. DVD players are provided.
- We require a one-night room deposit at time of booking.
- Cancellations must be made by phone at (410) 639-7779 and must receive a cancellation number to be considered valid. Email can go astray and unless you have spoken to us in person, your change in plans won’t be noted.
- Your payment less a $35 cancellation fee will be returned if you cancel at least 10 days prior to arrival date. Regardless of the reason, there is no refund and the reservation cannot be moved to another date for cancellations received less than 10 days prior to arrival date.
Please contact us with any further questions or concerns.