Whether this is your first visit to the quaint and charming towns of the Eastern Shore of Maryland or you come here year after year for a cozy annual retreat, there’s no better place to enjoy Chesapeake Bay Getaways than our #1-rated Eastern Shore Maryland Bed and Breakfast. The Eastern Shore of Maryland is an exquisitely beautiful place to relax and unwind – precisely what your Chesapeake Bay getaway should be about!
With a busy and colorful autumn season stretching out before us, we feel a charge of excitement and renewal in the air. We love everything about this season on the Eastern Shore – and soon enough, we’ll be staring down the stark, cold (but still beautiful) winter days on the Chesapeake Bay.
One thing that makes our Inn a delightful place for a Chesapeake Bay Getaway – aside from the obvious beauty surrounding us here on the Eastern Shore – is the ease of getting here. Our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore of Maryland isn’t far away from cities like Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia, but it feels like we are a world away.
With warm hospitality and plenty of natural beauty, our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore of Maryland offers guests the perfect place to leave their stress behind and reconnect with the one they love. This fall, give yourself the getaway you deserve. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore of Maryland today!
The Best Chesapeake Bay Getaway for Fall
There’s no singular “right” way to spend your time during your Chesapeake Bay getaway this fall. What you do while you’re here depends entirely on how you like spending your time and what you need to make this getaway memorable. But rest assured, there are plenty of wonderful ways to enjoy your time on the Eastern Shore of Maryland this fall!
Before we get to the list of things to do during your Chesapeake Bay Getaway, let’s first talk about where you will stay. When it comes to finding the perfect place for cozy, romantic getaways, nothing beats the luxurious comfort of our Eastern Shore Maryland Bed and Breakfast.
The Inn at Huntingfield Creek, located just outside the charming, popular town of Rock Hall, MD, offers a range of accommodations to suit your needs. Choose from one of our traditional guest rooms, or elevate your stay and give yourself a bit more privacy in one of our luxury cottages. On our property, you’ll find a variety of beautiful gardens, walking trails, access to the Chesapeake Bay, and exceptional hospitality. There’s truly no better place for a Chesapeake Bay getaway.
Things to do on the Eastern Shore This Fall
There’s no shortage of wonderful things to do on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in the fall. Much of it revolves around exploring the outdoors and enjoying the colorful annual show Mother Nature puts on. However, enjoying your Chesapeake Bay Getaway on the Eastern Shore in the fall is about more than taking great hikes or scenic drives. The atmosphere here is extraordinary as we celebrate the changing of the seasons.
Enjoying the simplicity of life here is one of the best things to do in the fall. But if you’re looking for a little something extra to enjoy on your next getaway, choose from this list of exciting things to do on the Eastern Shore!
- Fall is the best season for birdwatching on the Eastern Shore, as migratory birds head to warmer winter climates. The Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge is one of the best places to see this incredible migration. The late fall months here are particularly magical when the Tundra Swans arrive.
- One of our favorite events of the year of Rock Hall FallFest, which will take place on October 8th. It’s the perfect time to sample local oysters and otherwise celebrate this wonderful season on the Eastern Shore.
- We can’t think of a better way to enjoy a Chesapeake Bay getaway than by getting out on the Bay itself. Admire the landscapes of the Eastern shore under a glowing sunset when you take a sunset sail with Blue Crab Chesapeake Charters.
- Go leaf-peeping! We offer plenty of suggestions on where to enjoy the best fall foliage on the Eastern Shore – not to mention enjoying the changing of colors on our property!
- Savor the briny taste of fresh oysters at Bay Wolf Restaurant, dine at Osprey Point in Rock Hall, or head to nearby Chestertown to dine at The Kitchen at the Imperial or 98 Cannon Riverfront Grille, where you’ll find award-winning cuisine and stunning water views.
- Enjoy a bike ride on the flat, quiet roads of the Eastern Shore. A great ride is a 16-mile (round trip) trek to Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge.
We’ve thought of everything, so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the unbeatable beauty of Maryland in the fall. Reserve your room at our Rock Hall, MD, Bed and Breakfast today!