If you’ve never been to the stunning Eastern Shore of Maryland, this fall might be your perfect opportunity to explore this remarkable area. It’s an exquisitely beautiful place to relax and unwind, but there are also plenty of fun things to do in Rock Hall, MD, leaf-peeping, not least among them! With a busy and colorful autumn season stretching out before us, we feel excitement and renewal in the air.
With Labor Day upon us, we’ll soon be leaving behind the magical days of summer on Chesapeake Bay. Soon enough, the stark, cold days of winter will be here. But first, it’s nearly time to revel in the season of wonder ahead, and we can think of no better place to do that than our Eastern Shore Bed and Breakfast. Our Inn isn’t far away from cities like Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia, but it feels as though we are a world away, nestled in the quaint village of Rock Hall, MD.
With warm hospitality and plenty of natural beauty, our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore of Maryland offers guests the perfect place to leave your stress behind and reconnect with the one you love. This fall, give yourself the getaway you deserve. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore of Maryland today!
10 of the Best Things to do in Rock Hall MD This Fall
While there are plenty of fun things to do in Rock Hall, MD, one of the best parts about this town is feeling as though you’ve stepped back to a simpler time and place. This town offers visitors a charming and relaxed atmosphere, an oasis among the frenzied pace of nearby cities.
Enjoying the simplicity of life here is, of course, one of the best things to do in Rock Hall, MD. But if you’re looking for a little something extra to enjoy on your next getaway, choose from this list of exciting things to do in Rock Hall, MD!
- Go leaf-peeping! We recently wrote a blog about fall foliage on the Eastern Shore that includes guides to some of the best places to witness Mother Nature’s vibrant seasonal displays.
- Fall is prime birdwatching season, as migratory birds head to warmer winter climates. Birdwatching happens to be one of our favorite things to do in Rock Hall, MD, and one of the best places to see this incredible migration is the Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge. The late fall months here are particularly magical when the Tundra Swans arrive.
- Enjoy dining at some of the best restaurants in Rock Hall, MD. Enjoy fresh oysters at Bay Wolf Restaurant, dine at Osprey Point in Rock Hall, or head to nearby Chestertown to dine at The Kitchen at the Imperial or 98 Cannon Riverfront Grille, where you’ll find award-winning cuisine and stunning water views.
- If you’re looking for a fun event filled with live music and entertainment, sample local oysters, and otherwise celebrate life on the Eastern Shore, head to the Rock Hall Fallfest. It is easily one of the best things to do in Rock Hall, MD, each fall.
- Take in a performance at the incredible Mainstay music venue.
- Admire the landscapes of the Eastern shore under a glowing sunset when you take a sunset sail with Blue Crab Chesapeake Charters.
- One of our favorite things to do in Rock Hall, MD, is to browse the charming shops found downtown. You’ll find a confectionary shop, a quilting store, clothing boutiques, charming coffee shops, an old-fashioned ice cream parlor, and so much more.
- Enjoy a bike ride on the flat, quiet roads of the Eastern Shore. A great ride is a 16-mile (round trip) trek out to Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge.
- Learn about this area’s rich history at The Watermen’s Museum.
The Best Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore of Maryland
Maryland’s Eastern Shore is a spectacular place to get away from the ceaseless noise of modern life. Not only will you enjoy a range of fun things to do in Rock Hall, MD, while you’re here, but you’ll also have plenty of downtime to admire the stunning natural scenery and savor the slower pace of life found here. At the heart of your getaway will be the luxurious guest rooms at our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore.
The Inn at Huntingfield Creek is a place like no other. Our elegant Inn is nestled in the historic village of Rock Hall, MD, and sits on 70 beautiful acres of land. We offer a range of accommodations, including our private cottages, along with traditional guest rooms. Leave your worries behind, and join us for an exceptional getaway this fall. Book a room at this luxurious Bed and Breakfast in Rock Hall, MD, today!