A new year is here, which means an entire year full of adventures and possibilities are waiting for you. Maryland’s Eastern Shore should definitely be on your “must-see” list this year. The Eastern Shore of Maryland is, without a doubt, one of the best places to stay in Maryland. It’s here that you’ll find the highly-sought waters of the Chesapeake Bay and the beautiful, restful escape you crave.
What makes the Eastern Shore one of the best places to stay in Maryland? It’s the perfect blend of the small-town charm you’ll find in our quaint communities, the laid-back, relaxed atmosphere you’ll find everywhere you go, and the unprecedented access to some of the most beautiful scenery in the state of Maryland.
Aside from visiting extraordinary places, visiting the Eastern Shore of Maryland also gives you the chance to stay at our rural Bed and Breakfast, which we would consider top among the best places to stay in Maryland. Our Eastern Shore Bed and Breakfast is located in the historic town of Rock Hall, MD, which is well situated on the Eastern Shore to allow you the very best of the Chesapeake Bay. We’re easily accessible from Baltimore and other major cities on the Eastern seaboard, too, which means you can quickly and easily get to one of the most relaxing places you’ll ever visit.
It’s genuinely the getaway of a lifetime. Don’t you think it’s time you started planning? Relax, unwind, and visit the Inn at Huntingfield Creek, one of the best places to stay in Maryland. Book your room today!
One of the Best Places to Stay in Maryland
Maryland is a pretty big state with plenty to see and do, but if you’re looking for one of the best places to stay in Maryland, it has to be the Eastern Shore. There’s so much to do here, whether it’s getting outdoors, eating some of the freshest seafood you’ll ever encounter, or embracing local arts and culture. When it comes to great getaways near Baltimore, nothing beats our Eastern Shore Bed and Breakfast’s comfortable accommodations and exceptional hospitality.
The Inn at Huntingfield Creek is located in the charming town of Rock Hall, MD, famous for its location on the Chesapeake Bay, sensational seafood, and so much more. Even though we’re close enough to enjoy the best of Rock Hall, MD, we’re also just far enough away to allow you the opportunity to soak up the tranquil ambiance of the Eastern Shore’s stunning landscapes. We offer guests the perfect blend of casual elegance in our accommodations, not to mention the 70 zen-like beautiful acres surrounding us. It’s truly the best of both worlds.
Regardless of what you plan to do during the day, each morning here will start with a delicious and hearty breakfast. It’s the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead. You definitely won’t go hungry here – and this is one of the many reasons our Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in Maryland.
The Best Things to do on the Eastern Shore in 2022
There are plenty of reasons to consider the Eastern Shore one of the best places to stay in Maryland. It starts, of course, with the biggest draw to the area, the inviting waters of the Chesapeake Bay. There are virtually endless opportunities to get out on the water here and plenty of great hiking, biking, and birdwatching for outdoor enthusiasts of all types. These same beautiful landscapes take on a whole new personality and open up for an entirely new range of outdoor pursuits by winter.
If you’re not into the outdoors or want a mix of adventure and culture on your trip, you can find that on the Eastern Shore, too! Rock Hall, MD, is just one of the many great towns waiting for you, each filled with a wonderful range of galleries, museums, restaurants, wineries, boutiques, and so much more.
Depending on when you visit, there are more than enough things to do on the Eastern Shore to keep you busy and having fun. We’ve broken our list of things to do on the Eastern Shore by summer activities (which apply to spring, summer, and fall) and winter activities. It won’t take you long to see why this area is one of the best places to stay in Maryland!
The serene natural beauty of this area lends itself to summertime exploration, and so there are many options of things to do on the Eastern Shore. Whatever you choose to do, get ready for plenty of big adventures!
- Spend time on the remarkable Chesapeake Bay. Take a sailing cruise or a fishing charter, and see for yourself why so many people return to these waters year after year.
- Walk the trails at the Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge or the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge.
- Sample some of the area’s best seafood, including oysters and crab! Great places to sample local delicacies include Waterman’s Crab House, Osprey Point, Bay Wolf, and Harbor Shack.
- Enjoy some kayaking in the treasured waters of the Chesapeake Bay. We have an onsite dock and offer complimentary kayaks.
- Go biking! The Inn at Huntingfield Creek serves as an anchor Inn for the world-famous Vermont Bike Tours, whose Chesapeake Trails tour includes two days in our area. There are other great biking routes to enjoy in the area, too.
- Taste your way down the Chesapeake wine trail, exploring the many wonderful wineries on the Eastern Shore.
- Explore a bit of art and culture in the area, including places like River Arts Gallery, the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, and the Mainstay Music Venue.
- Head to the beach! Sit with a favorite book in the warm summer sun, walk up and down the beach breathing in the fresh ocean air, or catch a famed sunset over the bay.
Peace and quiet, a little bit of snow, and the restful escape you need. That is what winter on the Eastern Shore of Maryland is all about. There are plenty of things to do on the Eastern Shore in the winter, and this opportunity for four seasons of fun is what makes this one of the best places to stay in Maryland. Here are a few of our favorite things to do on the Eastern Shore in the winter:
- One of the best things to do on the Eastern Shore is to commune with nature at the Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge. Winter is a spectacular time to watch the waterfowl migration and to see the overwintering Tundra Swans that come each year. Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, known for its American Bald Eagle population, is another excellent place to visit in the winter.
- Winter is also oyster season on the Eastern Shore, and there’s no better time to enjoy them. Great places to try them include Waterman’s Crab House, Osprey Point, Bay Wolf, and Harbor Shack.
- Take a stroll along the Eastern Shore’s deserted beaches, breathing deeply and taking in the salty, brisk ocean air.
- Sip and swirl your way down the Chesapeake wine trail, exploring the many wonderful wineries on the Eastern Shore.
If you’re ready to experience the best part of Maryland, then it’s time to start planning. Book your room at one of the best places to stay in Maryland today!