We’re still thoroughly enjoying oyster season here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, but crab lovers, don’t fret. Crab season is just around the corner! Whatever it is you’re craving, you’ll want to carve out plenty of time to enjoy the best Rock Hall, MD restaurants in 2023. Not only are these Rock Hall, MD restaurants brimming with the catch of the day and plenty of other delectable delights, but they offer a wonderful respite after a full day of adventure in the area.
Though the Eastern Shore is a relaxing oasis that beckons the weariest of souls each year, it’s also a destination filled with plenty of great things to do. There’s no shortage of things to do in Rock Hall, MD alone, and that’s to say nothing of the other charming hamlets, beaches, nature preserves, and waterways of the Chesapeake Bay. Whatever type of getaway you’re looking for, you’ll find it here, on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. As only the best destinations are, the Eastern Shore is exactly what you need it to be.
As you settle in and get ready for one delicious feast after another at the top Rock Hall, MD restaurants, make sure to leave yourself ample time to walk the grounds and retreat to the coastal paradise of our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore. A stay here truly is the best part of any visit to this area. Relish the quiet, embrace the natural surroundings, and savor the exceptional hospitality of this place. If you haven’t already, book your room at our stunning Eastern Shore Bed and Breakfast This Summer!
The Best Rock Hall, MD Restaurants for 2023
The quiet, waterside town of Rock Hall appears unassuming – and for the most part, it is. So we understand when our visitors are surprised to learn just how much of a food-forward town a place like Rock Hall can be. However, when you have the abundance of fresh and delicious seafood that the Chesapeake Bay provides, there’s little choice but to be food-forward. Whatever it is you’re craving, we’re sure you’ll find something to love at our top-rated Rock Hall, MD restaurants this year.
But Rock Hall, MD restaurants provide so much more than a simple and delicious meal. They also provide diners with an authentic taste of place. If you’re ready to discover exactly what that means here on the Eastern Shore, you’ll find five of our favorite Rock Hall, MD restaurants listed below.
- The Inn at Osprey Point houses one of the best Rock Hall, MD restaurants. The upscale atmosphere is elegant and perfect for romantic evenings out, and the food will certainly not disappoint. You can even pull up in your boat before enjoying marina-view dining!
- Another of our favorite Rock Hall, MD restaurants is Blue Heron Oyster House. Their menu features a yummy mix of seafood and sandwiches, and they also offer a fun tiki bar and outdoor games.
- One of the best Rock Hall, MD restaurants for a quick yet delicious bite to eat is Harbor Shack. On Saturday nights, they also offer live music.
- Finally, a long-time staple among Rock Hall, MD restaurants is Bay Wolf Restaurant, where you’ll find an eclectic mix of fresh Eastern Shore seafood and other Austrian delights.
If these Rock Hall, MD restaurants haven’t satisfied your cravings for delicious, fresh seafood, consider setting out on the Maryland Crab & Oyster Trail. This map is especially helpful if you plan on venturing further afield for adventures on the Eastern Shore and want to enjoy dinner before returning back to our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore for the evening. If you find yourself in nearby Chestertown, make sure to enjoy a meal at The Kitchen at the Imperial or 98 Cannon Riverfront Grille.
And, of course, don’t forget to enjoy the oyster season while it lasts this winter. Crab season officially kicks off in April and lasts through November. The biggest crabs are often harvested later in the season, from September to November.
More Things to do in Rock Hall, MD This Year
In between feasts at the top Rock Hall, MD restaurants, you’re likely to want to plan in an adventure or two. Though you’re more than welcome to relax and unwind in style at our leading Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore, you’ll also find plenty of fantastic things to do in Rock Hall, MD. Apart from having fun, one of the things we love most about Rock Hall is that it offers visitors a charming and relaxed atmosphere, an oasis among the frenzied pace of nearby cities from which many of our guests retreat each year.
Enjoying the simplicity of life here is, of course, one of the best things to do in Rock Hall, MD. But if you’re looking for a little something extra to enjoy on your next getaway, choose from this list of exciting things to do in Rock Hall, MD!
- Enjoy a relaxing walk in nature and some of the best bird watching on the Eastern Shore at the Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge.
- Take in a performance at the incredible Mainstay music venue.
- Admire the landscapes of the Eastern shore under a glowing sunset when you take a sunset sail with Blue Crab Chesapeake Charters.
- One of our favorite things to do in Rock Hall, MD, is to browse the charming shops found downtown. You’ll find a confectionary shop, a quilting store, clothing boutiques, charming coffee shops, an old-fashioned ice cream parlor, and so much more.
- Enjoy a bike ride on the flat, quiet roads of the Eastern Shore. A great ride is a 16-mile (round trip) trek out to Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge. If you plan far enough ahead, you may want to consider joining one of the Vermont Bike Tours that comes through the area each year.
- Learn about this area’s rich history at The Watermen’s Museum.
- Spend a day at the beach! We have a guide to some of the best Eastern Shore beaches, including those right here in Rock Hall.
- Another one of our favorite things to do in Rock Hall, MD is to enjoy a bit of wine tasting at some of the best nearby Maryland Wineries. The winery nearest to Rock Hall, and our Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore, is Crow Vineyard & Winery.
Above all else, one of our favorite things to do in Rock Hall, MD is to relax at our stunning Bed and Breakfast on the Eastern Shore. Book your room today!